Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Drugstore Recap: November

Its up!

A bit of a slower week on 7 & 7 due to the holiday and starting my new job yesterday.  But the Drugstore Recap is back and I think this month is looking pretty beautiful.

I don't think its just me when I say this, but drugstore products are stepping up their game.  They are getting better, more innovative, and more competitive to luxury beauty items without raising their costs. I am impressed. I have seen better lipsticks, hair care products and more natural wear foundations in recent months, and I hope this trend continues! It doesn't feel quite as guilty when you buy when it comes for a fraction of the price.

Here are my picks for this month (all photos taken from my iPhone so I apologize for the lack of image quality this week)

Physician's Formula Happy Formula Glow & Mood Boosting Blush:


I found this blush a few weeks ago and am very impressed.  The color is a pale pink/tan (I have the Natural shade), and the color is just that, natural.  This is the perfect blush if you are looking for a little pick me up early morning or mid day (will also help matte out oily skin), and does not leave you looking streaky or overly made up. This is also a great blush for layering as it is light enough to apply throughout the day without worrying about build up. I have no idea what the name is about, don't expect to have this blush suddenly make you love Mondays as much as you love Fridays, but at least you will feel good! Here is the Ulta link for more details on the product, but to date this is the best drugstore blush I have found: Physician's Formula Blush

Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick:


I found this little gem at Target last week.  Since this is a new product, I am not sure how many other retailers are currently carrying it. The claim for this lipstick is that it lasts 16 hours and has more of a matte finish.  This little product does have some staying power (I would say about 4+ hours in between applications), and goes on very smooth and silky, drying to a pretty stain that can be touched up throughout the day. The color selection is spot on.  Very natural and perfect for winter (more berry toned hues).  The color I purchased is Supermodel, and its a pretty wine colored shade that helps me not feel as pale this time of year (pinks and nudes do nothing but wash me out right now).

Here is a picture wearing it:

Any my friend Taylor is obviously gorgeous
One thing to note, as I find with most Revlon products, the lipstick can be drying (especially if your lips tend to be on the drier side).  I would layer a balm or gloss over the lipstick to avoid any drying proactively.  Otherwise, I am really loving it. Here is the link for more product knowledge on Target's website: Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede

Pantene Expert Collection AgeDefy Advanced Hair Thickening Treatment:


I have been using this product for 3 weeks now (I was lucky enough to snatch it early while still in Cincinnati).  This is a brand new product from P&G that is not available at all retailers yet (it is on Drugstore.com, and I will include product information at the end of the post). AgeDefy promises to thicken your hair, and at a rapid rate, improving overall hair health and quality.  Now I know that I do not necessarily have "aging" hair, but I was curious to see how this product worked after hearing early rave reviews.  I have ALOT of thin hair (an oxymoron for sure), that is damaged from years of highlighting and straightening.

My results after using regularly? My hair does not seem overly thicker, but it does seem healthier.  This product can almost double as a style extender.  It keeps my hair looking better between washes, holds style better (ie. curling it), and makes it much smoother and more manageable on a daily basis. It has become a regular in the morning routine (you can use it on wet or dry hair), and I am eager to see if the results hold. Less frizzy hair is always okay with me. For more details, click here: AgeDefy Thickening Treatment

It has been a good month for Drugstore shopping and a busy month for me! As always, thank you for reading and for your feedback--I love hearing from you!

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment