Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Dog Days: Roo McGoo, the Super Pup

Roo is a super hero.  My super hero. And today, he is Barley's, too.

This morning Roo did what he does best.  My Roo is a very special dog.  He is the most loyal animal of all time.  He would much rather be by our sides then out exploring.  He hates the dark (won't even step off the deck at night), and he is protective of what he loves.  He isn't perfect, nobody (or animal) is, but he comes damn close.

So this morning before I left for work, I let Roo and Barley out in the back yard, which is completely fenced in, to run around before I left. Not even 15 seconds later I heard an extreme, high pitched yelp coming from the back.  The bark was so distressed that I immediately knew something was wrong and my stomach sank as I rushed to the back door.

When I opened the door I saw Roo still yelping on the deck and looking towards the fence that connects the back yard to the street. Somehow the fence was open and Barley was gone.

I started screaming Barley's name, as Roo continued to bark, and the two of us ran to the front yard where Barley was doing her slinky walk (her low walk/crawl she does when she knows she has done something wrong). But she was completely fine and close to home, and thanks to Roo, had not had the time to go exploring our new neighborhood (or worse).

I often forget that Barley is still a baby.  She is not even two and can often be the complete opposite of Roo: LOVES adventures, enjoys her freedom, and always wants to see things for herself. This is where they balance each other out.  Almost like a relationship. And today Roo knew immediately when his sister needed him, and was smart enough to know that he needed me to find her.


These two never stop surprising me. And I am so glad they have each other.

Much puppy love <3.

No comments:

Post a Comment