Sunday, November 4, 2012

Dog Days: The 3 Best Friends

Many of you who know me, know that my all time favorite happy place is with my dogs, Roo and Barley.  While J isn't writing this post, I am positive he would say the same. The pups aren't just my pups, they are my #1.  It has always bugged me when people complain about seeing dogs on Facebook or other social media sites.  Well this isn't my Facebook, and for the record, I personally love seeing people interact with their pets.

I wanted to create a section of the blog that recaps my best friends and their lives. Because, hopefully there are other people reading this who can A. relate B. would do anything for their "pet" or C. can appreciate the relationships we form with those who have very little to say at all.

It is hard to explain what exactly these two mean to me, but through these posts and pictures, I hope to capture just how much I rely on these dogs of mine.  I rely on them for that feeling of comfort/safety, for that sense of home, and for their lack of judgement.  They never question, never judge, and never don't trust. They are 100% loyal to us, and we are 100% loyal to them.  It is a beautiful friendship, and our precious family.

So today, my friend Brooke and I took Roo and Barley, and her puppy Piper, to play at the park. Such a bittersweet moment for me, because today was amazing for all of us, and I will miss them more than I can say when we move (more on that to come). We all had a wonderful time running around and meeting new friends.

For me, I loved seeing Barley and Roo take Piper under their wing.  Piper copied their every move, and it was literally like they had been play mates for years. Barley looked at Piper like she was her little sister, which is funny because that is the same way I look at Brooke.

I know that I can't expect to meet new Brookes and Pipers in Michigan, because friends like this don't pop up in every city that you live in.  But I can hope that we are lucky enough to meet someone and some dog a quarter as great as these two. Now no more on moving tonight because it's a little sad for me to think about, so on to the pictures!

Just my niece Piper and my main squeeze, Roo

Puppies at Play
Brother/Sister Mayhem
Our New Friends

Model Puppy

Smiling Friends

New Friends in all Shapes & Sizes

Beautiful Afternoon


Running Roo Bear
"I think I like you"

Baby Bear


The Dog Days will continue to capture these adventures.

More updates on 7 & 7 to come this week:

  • Fall Dressing
  • The 7's are back
  • New beauty updates
Have a great week all!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I'm a fan of my Rosie, love posting pictures and seeing pictures of your two pups too. Brooke Piper is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete