Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Your Invited To: The Peplum Party, Work It Out Edition

The first of the Peplum Party Posts (say that 5 times fast).  1 shirt, 3 looks, 3 days.

I am taking my favorite peplum blouse of the Fall, and creating unique, wearable looks, starting with the Work It Out Edition. I love the below look because while it appears sophisticated for the office, there is nothing dull about the prints and patterns at play here. I have worn this outfit to work before. And I will wear it several more times.  Because from a client meeting, to a customer happy hour, it still feels like me.  And when I feel like me, I ultimately do my best work.

To create this look at home take your favorite fall blouse, any shape, fit, or print will do, and match it with a tailored pencil skirt. Do not over think this. You do not always have to match, I promise.  Similar color palettes will match themselves without you spending hours thinking about what colors go together.

Again, I believe in this mantra, "If Item X does not go with at least 3 other things in my current closet, I should not buy it". Now, I even break my own rules sometimes, and that's ok, but the more versatile pieces will pay back their price tags in the future.







 Peplum Party Work Edition: Top: Tibi; Skirt: Uniglow: Shoes: Asos: Bag: Hand-me-down Marc Jacobs from my mom

2 comments:

  1. ali, just found your blog...super cute, love your style :) i look forward to following!

    -jess johnson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jess!! Hope all is well with you :)

      Delete