Thursday, October 18, 2012

Your Invited To: The Peplum Party, Driving Around Town Edition

Day 2 of 3. One shirt, 3 looks. Yesterday was all work, and today is all play.

The below look is meant to be casual, relaxed yet still put together, and fun. I paired my blouse with slouchy boyfriend jeans and botties to create a look that is perfect for Fall Saturdays, a trip to the city with friends, or just relaxing around the house.  Most people know that I am not a huge fan of sweatpants.  I think this is because I really have only one pair and I have worn them down so much that they aren't really wearable in public. Instead, I am a huge fan of loose fitting jeans and fun tops, and I think this approach to causal wear creates outfits that are much more versatile. I swear if you invest in a pair of oversized (but not sloppy) jeans, they will feel like sweats but you will still look ready for anything the weekend throws your way.

Most importantly, you can see how a great investment piece (the top) can translate from the boardroom to the farmer's market:





Candid Camera (peace sign?)
 

Peplum Party Driving Around Town Edition: Top: Tibi; Jeans: Current Elliot (old); Booties: Mango; Sweater: BCBG (high school old maybe?); Purse: Marc Jacobs (again, 4+ years)

And Day 3 is tomorrow, and it's Friday! Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment