Monday, September 17, 2012

Drugstore Recap: September

So while Justin is away, I figured now was the perfect time to start the beauty blogging.  I know the content of Seven & Seven has been heavily female orientated lately, and this will be changing, I promise.

Each month, I am going to review my favorite drugstore beauty picks that are tried & true, and won't break the bank.  For a product junkie, the drugstore quick trip can become a black hole of great wins and things you wish you hadn't said yes to.  The Drugstore Recap is meant to help narrow down the never ending choices. 

I will be providing my quick snapshot/review on the product, as well as the price points found on Drugstore.com (everything I pick up comes from either CVS, Walgreens, or Kroger here in Cincinnati).  As always, feel free to leave your thoughts--maybe these products have worked for you or you have tried them and weren't impressed.  Either way, I want to know about it! Lastly, I will be doing the same thing on a monthly basis for the more expensive makeup picks (Sephora, Ulta, department stores).

Maybelline Great Lash mascara in the Limited Edition colors (Teal shown on the Left and Blue shown on the right). These colors are pigmented, without being obnoxious (i.e. you can wear them to work), and are the right amount of subtle mixed with spunk.  Layer one coat over your standard black mascara for a shimmer of color, or layer multiple coats of the colored mascara for a more dramatic look. Personally, I love the Teal, but have seen friends wearing the Purple, and it looks amazing on every skin tone. $5.99 at Walgreens (not available on Drugstore.com).  These are Limited Edition, so I recommended stocking up on a few of your favorite colors on your next drugstore run, who knows if these will be back!

The two drugstore lip glosses that I am loving right now: Revlon's Lip Butter (on the Left, shown in Sugar Plum) and CoverGirl's Outlast Lipstain (on the Right, shown in Plum Pout). Let's top line the Lip Butter first--smooth, creamy, non-drying, color rich.  The Lip Butter is easy to apply on the go and with the wide variety of colors, your match is out there.  For CoverGirl's Outlast Lipstain, the color truly lasts, and while the formula is a bit drying, when layered with a gloss it creates the perfect pout. Revlon Lip Butter is $7.49, and CoverGirl's Outlast Lipstain is $7.99. 

First of all, I really love the Say Yes To brand, but the Yes to Blueberries Brightening Facial Towelettes are my #1 beauty staple.  I have been using these wipes since January and go through at least two a day.  They remove ALL traces of makeup, smell heavenly, and leave your face bright, clean, and non-irritated.  For anyone with sensitive skin, these may become your Holy Grail of skincare. They have for me.  The Yes to Tomatoes Skin Clearing Facial Mask (on the right) was bought on a whim during a more severe breakout.  The mask is gentle, will dry up your acne, and feels natural and soothing.  Yes to Blueberries Brightening Facial Towelettes are $7.99 (30 ct) and Yes to Tomatoes Skin Clearing Facial Mask is $14.99.

St. Ives has been a bathroom cabinet staple for many of us for years, but I recently discovered two products that I think take St. Ives to the next level in skin care.  Both of these products were purchased during a breakout period, meaning I was looking for both a quick fix and a long term solution. The St. Ives Scrub Free Exfoliating Pads (shown on the left) are the real deal.  They leave skin dewy, smooth, and will help reduce any mild breakouts.  These pads have replaced my toner, and help prep my skin for lotion and makeup application.  The St. Ives Blemish Control Green Tea Scrub (shown on the right) has become my go to shower cleanser.  The formula is gentle, but you can feel the exfoliating beads working, and I am nothing but impressed so far. St. Ives Scrub Free Exfoliating Pads are $4.99 (60 ct) and St. Ives Blemish Control Green Tree Scrub is $6.29.

And, beauty starts on the inside, my recommendations are just meant to help you along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment