Monday, September 24, 2012

Boots & Bowties

This past weekend, J and I traveled over 704 miles (each way) by car to Bentonville, AR/Jay, OK for my college roommate, Margot's, wedding. We spent many, many hours in the car, just the two of us, and as I sit here tonight, exhausted from a 12 hour day at work, I am realizing that I wouldn't change anything about this past weekend for all the riches in the world. This weekend was magical.  Pure bliss. I am not sure if this is because of the combination of my very best Miami girls (some of which I haven't seen in almost 4 years), seeing one of my best friends get married to an amazing man, or taking a moment to realize these moments...this is life.  This is why, through it all, you drive MILES for your friends, and you laugh until your sides hurt, and you dance until you can't anymore (maybe because you've fallen one to many times on the dance floor).  This is what you live for.  Dancing under the stars, hearing the exchange of vows next to a creek, and spending a crazy night in a hotel room with your husband and your best friend--these moments are rare.  These moments we will always remember. Because as I sat again at my desk today, tired, stressed, and worried about the real world, I get a text on our group thread from my friends basically saying "I'm tired and back at work, too" -- I know that these memories get all of us through the day.

After almost 4 years since I have left the world of Paid Vacation, lived in Chicago & Cincinnati, moved into and out of 5 different apartments, and married J, it would appear that a lot has changed. But really, has any of it? Aren't we all still the same people we were when we met 8 years ago? More mature, of course, maybe a little wiser. But this weekend reminded me of why I fell in love with all of these people, including Justin. Because while I would drive MILES for these women, I wasn't the one actually doing the driving...he was. This weekend did not just remind me that I would do anything for these girls, but he would, too.  An arm or leg, he would give it.

On a closing note, Margot's wedding was magical.  That word doesn't just sum up the weekend, but the wedding as well. I wanted to show all of you just how beautiful this wedding was, so enjoy some snapshots below.  Lastly, I know and appreciate that these moments, like for me this past weekend, can be rare. Remember to find the magic on a daily basis as well, but if you have to drive a few hundred miles for it, just remember to have a really great playlist and a lot of laughs along the way. 








1 comment:

  1. Such a perfectly written post to sum up an amazing weekend with best friends!

    ReplyDelete